Pages

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Win a Part Time Job in Cambodia easily by Volunteering - Think Big

Now you might already ready to take yourself to the next level to get part time job since I already mentioned how to make yourself ready in my last post.

Cambodia is the heaven of opportunities but you need to prove yourself to make people trust you and give this opportunity.

Since we are in developing, there are many open opportunities available.

The stories...

I remembered, my first job was got when I was at 18 years old in high school, it was a very great experience to earn and feed myself in the way I got the money. I started by volunteering!
Let's me share the story:
Once, I went to an English class at an institute. I found a class of many pupils without a teacher, I was there and decided to go to talk to the students of pre-elementary class of English, I was having a very good communication with all of them and I didn't notice that there was another teacher there outside the classroom... that was a director of the institute. He offered a job to me afterward, he said: "the way you talk to them was very close as their brothers, you can be a very good teacher since I am also looking for one". Without any doubt, I decided to take this challenge.

That was my first job, even I got only around 24000R (about 10$ for my first few months) and get promoted after.

Keep your hand up for a volunteering offer

I got something more important than the money I got since I had earned a lot of experiences with the activities I spent with my students. Beside, the school allowed me to study free to improve myself in teaching methodology, language skill etc.

Volunteering does not always mean free of charge but you should not care about if you will get paid or how much money you will get, you just care how much you can show your talent to the organization you are volunteering for. That's the only point to prove yourself to them if you are a student and never get a job before.

Of course, that was very simple to get a first job as a teacher.

Another experience I had, that was when I started my university in Phnom Penh, I needed a job very much for my living... I was looking for the opportunity to teach secondary or high school students with the skill I had but it was not easy to get it. At that time, I'd like to be a volunteer at any NGO moment.
I was asked as well to join a team of journalism to create a new newsletter for a new NGO I had known and then I was involved in the website development of the NGO. Finally I got it as my fully part time job with a well paid enough during that time.

Volunteering is time for you to learn

You will earn but before earning, you need to learn and make your skills stronger.
That's why when you have a volunteering full time or part time job, it's time for you to experience all difficulties of any professional have and deal with them.

You should always take as much as volunteering when you are a student.

Be volunteer when ready only

"Ready" means you know that you will do it and already prepare a plan for it.
Do not afraid to decide to take it but quickly plan the actions when you decide.

My experiences, I had met this kind of volunteers, they said or registered their name as a volunteer but they never or rarely take into action. Finally their names always noted as irresponsible person and never get another call.

Again, be responsible... your attitude 

Just a remind, mind your attitude at where you are.

Be smiling, straight and love your work.

Where to find the opportunities

I found that most of NGOs in Cambodia are welcome all volunteers in each specific area, you should consider to get into this area. Also, at some private companies or community or school.

You need to keep your eyes, contact or communication with people around the area you want.
Make clear request or cover letter with your CV and send to them.
If failed, keep looking for next... until you get one.
Always learn from you failure and never lose hope or encouragement.
Me a self-motivated person.

Good luck... and share your though here.

No comments:

Post a Comment